"I have participated in countless leadership, management, sales and personal development classes and seminars throughout my career and I can say that anyone who spends time with John will come away a truly better person be it professionally, personally or both."
"What I liked most about following his lesson is his professionalism, willingness to share his insights regarding job search in this critical moment, and straightforward approach to communication."
"His professional advice has been invaluable to me throughout my career and it is exciting to see him be able to help others through his book, seminars and trainings."
"His knowledge of the recruitment process is superb, and he is candid coupled with a positive coaching style."
"Generous and wise with his advice and I have found him to possess a rare ability to combine genuine empathy with grace and passion along with the utmost practicality and realism."
"John’s intelligence, humor, drive and passion are on the same level as Robbins and Covey—truly something to be experienced."
"Since the first time I had the opportunity to join a training section for job seeker with John Crant, I immediately realize that he is an exceptional professional delivering an outstanding services as advisor and coach."
"He has provided me with excellent insight for my job search, and I would definitively recommend who is currently in the market place to follow his simple step by step process to meet the next career challenge and become "great self-recruiter".
Will your Students be prepared with NEW methods for success in a changed job market?
Or will they be stuck in the ways of the past?
Your Graduates must approach their Job Search in a different way.
Success requires Motivation & the Right Tools:
The Self-Recruiter Series for Career Development creates a strong foundation that will help get your graduating students excited and motivated with exceptional training that will help lead toward job search success.
GIVE Your Graduates The Tools For The NEW Job Market.
John Crant has been speaking and educating through his lecture series at corporate events, with the YMCA in NYC, at The New York Public Library's JOB SEARCH CENTRAL, and his specially designed series is now coming to colleges and universities to teach the Secrets to Launching Your Career in a Changed Job Market.
The Career Development Challenge: "How can we prepare our students, and give them every advantage as they launch their careers?"
Look at what the Graduates themselves are saying:
GIVE Your Graduates The Tools For The NEW Market That They Need:
Self-Recruiter® Series for Career Development:
Half-Day Programs or as Individual Sessions
IF YOU BUILD IT: NETWORKING & BEING READY TO NETWORK
Building Your Professional Network with LinkedIn
In this seminar your students will learn how to build and manage their Professional Network with LinkedIn. That’s a very important step in taking control and managing their career –before it even starts.
Your students will learn about networking and how to do it effectively; how to get started with LinkedIn.com’s networking personal profiles; how to expand their network; and how to utilize their new network to launch their career. Don’t wait until they graduate and are looking for a new job –today is the day they should be building their network for tommorrow so that they don’t get left behind. It’s easy, and I’ll show your students what they need to know.
• Networking: The NEW Definition • Why LinkedIn.com? • Your LinkedIn Profile, and Creating Your Own Personal Network • Networking Strategies to Expand Your Network • Whom should I ‘link’ with on LinkedIn? • Joining Groups will Benefit You in ways that You May Not Realize • Why Your Blog should be Linked to Your LinkedIn Profile. • Expanding Your Network and Raising Your Profile with LinkedIn • Expert Questions, Answers, Job Listings and More, Right on LinkedIn • Why Giving & Receiving Recommendations for Your Profile on LinkedIn is More Important than it Seems
The Best 25 Seconds About You
In this seminar your students will learn how to be prepared when opportunity knocks.
Opportunity in life can happen at unexpected times and in unexpected places. Will your students be prepared to take advantage when it's knocking on their proverbial door, and will they be Ready with Their Answer? Your students will learn how to be more valuable and memorable with those that they have an opportunity to meet, whether that meeting is planned ahead, or happens by chance.
• Job Search 'Luck' is about Being Ready to Get Lucky • 'The Best 25 Seconds of Your Life', Your Personal Sales Pitch • Accomplishments that Make You Memorable • Role-Playing Your 'Best 25 Seconds' presentation
YOUR JOB SEARCH STARTS TODAY
Launch Countdown: Finding the Right Job to Start Your Career
In this seminar your students will learn that there's no day like today to start their job search. Finding the right job to launch their career is a daunting task. It will take research, planning and networking. By getting started today, your students will make their transition to the workforce with much more control. And that control is the best way to increase their odds of getting the position that they are after.
• But I Don't Graduate Until The Spring, or Next Year • Your Job Search Starts with Research • To Intern or Not To Intern, That is THE Question • Your Search for Contacts in Your Field... Already has Begun
Your Job Search IS Your First Job... How Will You Manage It?
In this seminar your students will learn how to Organize and Manage their Job Search. That’s a very important step in taking control and managing their career –before it even starts.
• Resumes Sent, Tracking & Follow Up • Calling a Hiring Manager, and Strategy • 30 Second Calling ‘Script’ Preparation before Calling • Tracking Your Interview Goals • Weekly Review of Your Goals
YOUR RESUME NEEDS SERIOUS WORK!
Your Resume already needs a Renovation
In this seminar your students will learn how to increase the value of the items on their resume, and how to make the cuts necessary, to be seen as a stand-out during their job search.
• The '3 Second' Resume Test • Resume: ‘New’ Deﬁnition* • Resume Goals • Understanding ‘Stacks of Incoming Resumes’ • 3 Second’ Test for Resumes • One Page Resume, Unless It’s Two :-( • Value, Value Everywhere, but Nowhere to be Seen • Degrees of Degrees • The Headless Horseman: Don’t Send a Word Doc
Your Resume Seems a Little Thin (& How to Change That)
In this seminar your students will learn how to build their value by understanding how additions to their resume can add substance that can ease their transition into their first career home. That's another part of taking control and managing their career, –because their career should be already under way now.
• Why Are You So Special? • Your Service Organizations & Clubs Can Speak Volumes • Everyone Loves a Volunteer • Interning That Gets You Noticed • Credit Where Credit Is Due, & How To Get Yours
THE EVERYTHING INTERVIEW
Get Ready for Your AUDITION:
Preparing Before Your INTERVIEW
Self-Recruiter® Interview CHECKLIST
Success during an Interview depends on how you prepared beforehand. In this session, your students will learn how to research a potential job opportunity that they are about to interview for, and how to prepare for interview success.
• Success is about Preparation • Researching the Company, Job and More... before the Interview • Be Ready to Impress: The Self-Recruiter® INTERVIEW CHECKLIST
When is an Interview Not An Interview? (Never)
In this seminar your students will learn that every 'meeting' is really an interview. Don't miss the signs and don't miss that opportunity that may be knocking on your door.
• An Interview Is Not About What You Think • The so-called 'Informational' Interview • Rehearse to Succeed, but... Nobody Likes a Canned Ham • Oh Behave! Your Body Language is Speaking Volumes • You Have to Walk AND Chew Gum: Listening, Hearing, Thinking & Speaking with Strategy • To Ask or Not To Ask... for the Job • Everything has Another Purpose: The Thank You & Next Steps